Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-04-2009, 08:56 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to divedeep1689
sea clone 100 moded

Hey guys i have had a sea clone 100 for a few years i got fed up with it a long time ago and took the pump off to use as a return pump to my tank from the sump. i have recently decided to dig it back out and make a few mods to it myself till it started producing skim mate. wat i have done is done away with the air valve completely although i will be buying a good valve soon. but i put something on the air line to restrict air flow to it. i shortend the inside tube to about a inch long will get a exact measurement later. i have it sitting in a five gal or smaller bucket right now it has been running for about 4 days like this. and about 3 times a day i empty out skimmate from the cup about half inch deep in cup once i pour it back in to the bucket it starts producing skim again but the thing foams all day just stops making skim mate after that much get in cup. i belive this might be because their is not much to skim in the 5 gal bucket of water. Oh also i shortened the distance the foam has to rise before it falls into the collection cup, by shortening the tube in the cup. i will be placing it in the sump tomorrow morning hopefully i will have good results with the new mods. The skimmate it has been producing is a light greenish yellow color.
special thanks to melosu58 , roka , thincat,CaptainAhab (and many more who i will list later as i find thier names so i can spell them lol ) for i would not have the tank or the knowledge i have about my tank if not for them.
divedeep1689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com