sea clone 100 moded

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divedeep1689

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys i have had a sea clone 100 for a few years i got fed up with it a long time ago and took the pump off to use as a return pump to my tank from the sump. i have recently decided to dig it back out and make a few mods to it myself till it started producing skim mate. wat i have done is done away with the air valve completely although i will be buying a good valve soon. but i put something on the air line to restrict air flow to it. i shortend the inside tube to about a inch long will get a exact measurement later. i have it sitting in a five gal or smaller bucket right now it has been running for about 4 days like this. and about 3 times a day i empty out skimmate from the cup about half inch deep in cup once i pour it back in to the bucket it starts producing skim again but the thing foams all day just stops making skim mate after that much get in cup. i belive this might be because their is not much to skim in the 5 gal bucket of water. Oh also i shortened the distance the foam has to rise before it falls into the collection cup, by shortening the tube in the cup. i will be placing it in the sump tomorrow morning hopefully i will have good results with the new mods. The skimmate it has been producing is a light greenish yellow color.

Back
Top Bottom