Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-20-2013, 09:02 AM   #11
You guys in the US should be buying pond prime its more concentrated but half the price

If you don't think I'm telling the truth look on you tube pond prime vs prime even seachem say this is correct

As prime can be double dosed safely I don't think you need to be that accurate

When I used to use it I drained 25% of my tank water then dosed the whole full tank volume with prime and filled the tank from a hose

Never had a problem

All this mixing new water and heating it is a waste of time as a slight temp drop in the tank is a good thing as it simulates a temp drop over night or even rain fall

Just keep fish keeping simple and don't think that deep into it

All the big company's with meds and water conditioners have taken into account a small amount of human error when putting the dose amount on the bottle

T1KARMANN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:32 PM   #12
What I normally do with Prime -- and this has been debated to infinity and beyond at this point -- is follow the directions on the bottle for cap application and my tank size, and I happen to be one of those people who treat the entire tank before new water goes in...

In other words, I have a 60 gallon. The directions say ONE CAPFUL for every 50 U.S. GALLONS. So I pour a capful and drop it into the tank and then pour a little more into the cap so it reaches the first "notches" of the twist pattern on the inside (per Seachem's instructions to me via email as well) and pour that in right after -- hence, around the amount I need for 60 gallons...

Always works for me, seemingly, because I never lost fish to chlorine poisoning or anything else that may have been in the tap source...

ArtesiaWells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I average 15 gallons per PWC on a 55. I add the water then a capful of prime. No issues here.

Darkseid76 is offline   Reply With Quote

prime, seachem

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com