SeaClone breakthrough?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pufferman

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey,
I know some of you have problems with your seaclones and the gang valve not putting enough air in , and this results in microbubbles in the tank. I think i may have a mod that can fix this problem. I wondered, instead of the venturi having to suck air, why not inject it with control. So i am going to fix an air pump with an inline gang valve that will allow the air to actually affect the water flow. whadya think? I tried by blowing in the airline at the approximate airflow of an airpump and i got surprising results, so i m going to try it.

I just threw my seaclone away :lol:

No matter what I tried, it never skimmed anything, and the brutal part is I paid $100 for it because it was before I discovered this site. Good luck with yours....if you can figure it out before the trash man comes, maybe I'll dig mine out....ha

I have one and I ran an airstone in it and it skims like crazy now. I am actually quite impressed as it takes out about a half cup a day and the skimmate is pretty dark too.

Back
Top Bottom