Seaclone protein skimmer owners???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdefino

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just purchased a Seaclone skimmer and was wondering how to adjust the airvalve? How much bubbles or air do I want to let in? Also how long did yours take to break in? any info would be great.

Is this a clone of the Seaclone skimmer? If so you adjust the airvalve till the water level is just below the collection cup gasket.

I have SC150 and I usually tighten the air valve all the way down, then open it between 1 and 2 full twist. Take your collection cup off while you adjust, and set it to where the bubbles are just about to come out.

In the cylindar you dont want a tornado effect, you want it to be real bubbly looking.

HTH! :wink:

How long did it take for yours to break in? Also, what is the break in period. What's it doing?

When it is skimming right, there will be alot of dark gunk in the collection cup.

Do you have LR? It took about 2 days for mine to break in. Sometimes after a water change it takes a couple of days to really start collecting good again.

No, I have a 75g tank, and I have a seaclone150. The smaller one is a 100. For the size tank you have, you need at least a 150, in which you probably do have. :wink:

The 100 is just smaller.

I'll take some pics of my skimmer tonight or tommorrow and post them, and show you what it looks like when it's working good.

Rule of thumb: If your getting alot of waste, and gunk in the cup, then it's working right. :wink:

In my experience the best way to adjust the Seaclone ... was to crush it by throwing cinder blocks at it ... and replace it with an AquaC Remora ... not that I'm bitter or anyhing!

gear-head said:
In my experience the best way to adjust the Seaclone ... was to crush it by throwing cinder blocks at it ... and replace it with an AquaC Remora ... not that I'm bitter or anyhing!

LOL...I don't think your bitter.. :wink:

Mine also works just fine. Gear-head, you must have gotten the Sea"Clunk" model....LOL

Mike

Just bougt a seaclone 100 lst wk on a 29 gal and it works great. The stuff is light yellow/greenish but i dont have a big bio load yet just lr curing and i use stress coat still works great.

Back
Top Bottom