Seaclone skimmer advise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supermarvin76

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am thinking about getting a seaclone for my tank. I NEED a skimmer NOW!!!! Read my tank stats below......Should I get the smaller, or the larger seaclone??
Also, I have heard that these are hard to adjust. What is so hard about them, and does anyone know how to make it not so hard?
Thanks

The Seaclone 100 will be fine for your tank.

As for their adjustments, different people have different inputs. Mine took me about a week to adjust. It will produce a lot of micro-bubbles for a while, then they will subside and all will be fine.

SeaClone's aren't that great, and I'd advise a seaclone 150 for that size tank (don't believe the manufacturer's claims on tank size).

But if you have a sump, why not get an in-sump skimmer instead? they're way more effective, and less junk in your display tank.

I dont ANY room left in the sump at all for anything. I would either hang it on the back of the dispaly or hang it on the sump.

I have to agree with fluff, I just replaced my seaclone with the Remora Pro. IMHO your throwing your money away on the seaclone, spend a little more money on something better it is well worth it in the long run.

I've tried for about 3 weeks getting my Seaclone 100 to work properly, it never did. It only produced greenish water, not the dark gunk that other skimmers produce. Plus it kept pumping micro-bubbles back into the tank. I could never get it adjusted properly.

The sad thing is, I love my lsf, a few very knowledgable staff members, but the only skimmer they sell is the Seaclones. I think I wasted my money on it.

Before I got my Euro, I was using an Seaclone 100 for my 90G. As a hang on it, it failed me miserably. However, it didn't do too bad in the sump though. I have to empty my cup every other day. It does require some tweaking, and time to let it adjust itself. As mjvincent said, a skimmer is better than no skimmer at all.

Mike

It seems that everyone is giving a big N-O on the seaclone, but I just got one as a gift (I am already using it) I am not exactly sure how to get the best performance out of it. I basically have it plugged in with the foamy stuff dumping into the cup. What exactly should I be looking for it to do? Btw, the stuff I am dumping out of the cup is gross looking. Brownish green.

That's exactly what it is supposed to be doing. My problem was all the micro-bubbles it was dumping back into the tank.

I don't think it is detrimental to the fish or corals, but it does 'cloud' the water. Some have said to let it do it's thing and the bubbles will eventually go away, I just didn't have the patience.

Dosen't matter what the manufacturer says. THey are difficult to adjust and give good reults at best. I have read it soooooo many times, I have one, IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER!

Save your money, get a different skimmer.

I wish someone spelled it out for me like that. I didn't know about this forum then.

Back
Top Bottom