Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-13-2015, 11:59 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Seamless lid for a rimless

Any ideas on how to do this, I was going to go with eggcreate but feel as it takes away from the sharp clean look I'm going for. I was going to do a lip out of acrylic but I have no way to cut or form this. Anyway the only thing that is gonna be in the main tank is two powerheads and an the overflow box intake and output.
It's a standard 55g an also when I remove the upper braving that comes from the trim, should I worry about the support loss

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 12:28 PM   #2
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

That is something I would be concerned about. I wouldn't ever try to take the rim off of a tank, as they are designed to hold everything together. That brace is there for a reason. If wanted a rimless tank, I'd want to buy one designed to be that way.
In terms of a lid for one, I'd look into the BRS mesh screen to get that to work as it wouldn't obstruct the rimless look as much.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 04:59 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah after reading up on other people who did that, I'm staying as far away as I can when it comes to adding support. Solves both of my questions

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rim, sea

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com