Search for a quality timer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itafx

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had a very hard time finding good timers. Most I've tried have been unreliable, inaccurate, have too few settings, or have the plugs too close together. All have had the plugs too close together. I finally found one that does a good job. It's analog, but has 96 15 minute settings can be turned on or off manually for an override, and has 4 timed plugs and 4 always on plugs. It has a circuit breaker on/off switch too. The settings are easy to do and I haven't had any problems with it so far. It's the American Tack & Hardware Daily Segment Timer. Lowes is the only place I've found it and you can get it in their store or online.

Has anyone tried the Intermatic 7 day 7 event outdoor timer ($20 at home depot or lowes)? It has wonderful functionality, but they keep dieing. I've returned 5 or more of them. I have 4 in service right now that seem to be working ok, but I'm afraid for their longevity. Also, every once in awhile one crashes and I have to reboot it.

Has anyone ever found a good timer/power strip where the outlets aren't so close together that you can't use half of them due to overzized plugs, etc?

i use whatever i find at dollar stors or discount places. if i need more room on an outlets strip, i plug an extension cord into it, after i wind it up into a short little bundle of course...:)

Back
Top Bottom