Seeding question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AC-X2

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I recently got a new 30 gallon tank for my ryukin goldfish and an AC 70 filter. I already have an established 20 gal with an AC 50 filter. I moved all the AC 50 media to the new AC 70 to give it a quick cycle. I also put the new bio bag that came with the AC 70 in it on top of the established one. Now all I have in the AC 50 is some floss kind of media.

My question is, is my 20 gal tank ok for awhile with only the floss? Or do I need to put a bio bag back into AC 50?

Thanks!

Tank Seeding

So I recently got a new 30 gallon tank for my ryukin goldfish and an AC 70 filter. I already have an established 20 gal with an AC 50 filter. I moved all the AC 50 media to the new AC 70 to give it a quick cycle. I also put the new bio bag that came with the AC 70 in it on top of the established one. Now all I have in the AC 50 is some floss kind of media.

My question is, is my 20 gal tank ok for awhile with only the floss? Or do I need to put a bio bag back into AC 50?

Thanks!

Hello wyatt...

The 20 G is fine if there are no fish in it.

B

I have 13 fish in it. I did, however, keep the sponge in it. I've heard that it can house BB. I'll keep an eye on the ammonia though.

sorry i forgot about that part ;) just monitor both tanks daily and you should be fine in a couple of weeks. i use seeded material to cycle all of my fw tanks

Ok, thanks. I'll move one bio bag back to the 20 and after a few weeks then buy another one so I can have 2 in the 30.

Back
Top Bottom