SEIO Super flow pump M620 Question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigTruck6o2

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got 4 of these today, and am adding them to my 125 gallon tank. I hooked the up to my Wave Master Pro and every time they turn on you can hear a little grindy noise sorta for about a second. Being they are turning on and off so much i can see myself getting sick of it. I dont think its a problem w/ just one because all of them do it, so im assuming they all do. Anyone else have this problem...or know of why they would do it or what i can do to fix it?

TIA

I have two of these on the way, they'll be contrlled by a controller.
It'll be strictly on/off tho, will that make a difference?

(never hurts to ask!)

I have one and they are defiantly not made to be turned off and on. mine blows a cloud of bubbles every time I turn it off and on.

Ahh the off and on would be a nighttime thing only..
One would turn off for the night to reduce current for a nice comfy sleep time...

Think that'd be ok?

mine do the same thing. i turn them off for feeding. they are not meant to be turned on and off. one time after feeding one did not turn on. i had to to turn it off and back on to start it back up

steve r

well now that's the suxx..
who invents something to not ever be turned off..

especially at that price :|

they are going to be making a controller for them, from what i read, it is supposed to be available this year... but the seio's are not meant to be on a wave timer.

sounds like a Serge DIY solution.. :p relays and such..
but from the sounds of it turning the power off and on would be problimatic.. what do they plan doing to controll these things? Im curious..

Guess I'll just send em back.. I liked the 160 degree arc they put out... but I won't keep something that won't come back on when the power is applied to it again.. that's just silly imho..

that only happened one time and i have been running two since sept. turning them off at least once a day since then. many powerheads are not meant to be turned on and off often. i think it has something to do with the impellar being able to stop in "dead spot" maybe someone else can give a more accurate description. i have had maxijets not come back on right away much more often

steve r

Well that sucks haha, i just got the wave master pro for christmas and bought those pumps for it guess i made the wrong choice. ill just have to hook up the little ones i had before to it.

probably a controller like the tunze, taht doesn't actually cut power, instead it just cycles down the power to say 20-30% so that it really never stops running just the spin is so slow you dont get much/any current from it...

the tunze systems work like that, but cost next to nothing... now if you can DIY that, I might test it :)

ozzreef has a DIY for a similar designed controller but its a bit too much radioshack for me.. well.. for now anyway (I might get into that stuff some other time)

I used to have trouble getting my 620 to restart but I have been ok lately. I have moved it a few times and it has come back on.

Back
Top Bottom