Setting up 10G betta Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscarr19

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so i plan on getting a 10G betta tank and divide it instead of getting 2 5G kits. I don't want 3 tanks in my room and my basement is where i keep my bigger tanks. Anyways my main concern is the filtration. I'll likely get a non-transparent divider and poke holes through it so water does flow or i've heard of mesh dividers.Should i place a power filter rated for a 20G or 2 smaller filters? Please let me know about the pros and cons of this. I'll likely hide the divider with plants or something. One heater should do right?

A small HOB and one heater should more than do the job. An opaque divider would be better so they are not flaring at each other all day.

rich311k said:
A small HOB and one heater should more than do the job. An opaque divider would be better so they are not flaring at each other all day.

+1, too much flaring is actually really bad for bettas. They basically flare themselves out lol. One HOB and one filter will be fine as well. :)

I have a divided 10 gal with 2 bettas. I divided it down the ,idle with a flow through divider (opaque) and put an aqua clear 10 so the outflow was right over the divider. Breaks up the current for the little guys pretty well.

I have a divided 10 gal with 2 bettas. I divided it down the ,idle with a flow through divider (opaque) and put an aqua clear 10 so the outflow was right over the divider. Breaks up the current for the little guys pretty well.

You don't have a problem with water splashing everywhere? Or is the divider completely submersed?

Back
Top Bottom