Setting up a Auto top off system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rscomia

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone have pictures of theirs? What type of system are you using? Can you give me any suggestions on setting up one of my own?

I have a in-sump dual switch unit from AutoTopOff.com.

Water from my RO/DI goes into this storage container. The pump in the container is controlled by the ATO. (The float valve on the right, near the top, shuts off the RO/DI so it doesn't overflow the container. I don't have my RO/DI on all the time because the unit works best if it runs longer and not just doing a little at a time.)
ato2_5-09.jpg

This is the float switch in the sump. As the bottom switch drops from water evaporation, it turns on the pump in the container and when the water level rises and raises the switch it turns the pump off. The upper switch is only a backup in case the lower switch fails. It's just a safety feature so my sump won't overflow if a switch fails.
ato1_5-09.jpg

The pump only needs to be strong enough to pump the water up and out of the container and into the sump. I use an old Aquaclear 70 powerhead.

Yeah its a diy. Cost me a few bucks. It works for me since my ro/di unit is close to my tank. I just split the line so I can still fill up buckets, and the other line goes right to the sump. The float was a few bucks.

Back
Top Bottom