setting up a sump for my 110g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erawtik

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a 55g that i will use for the sump some help with the design would be nice. I see most ppl getting acrylic or glass to separate in the tank what is wrong with plexy glass? Skimmer im looking at the ASM G-2 with Mag pump and id like a refugium.

plexiglass is the same thing as acrylic. Check out the do it yourself area on this site. Also a sump is a fuge if you want it to be. Check out the articles on this great site and it will tell oyu everything you need to know.

so thats a no not to use plexi? And iv looked over 100's of sumps but im looking to get the best setup for my situation.

Plexi cannot handle salt water as civicman says it gets brittle, You could make your own sump or buy one pre-made. It is actually quite simple. If you want a fuge you need a larger sump in the 20-30 gallon range.

Any chain hardware store will have sheet acrylic for sale at about the same price from brand to brand. I like the thin acrylic because it is flexible and I measure like an idiot with head trama sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom