Setup & Recommendations Please...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Poolrad

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok just got the "ok" from the wife to setup a new reef tank (will replace my 46g bow-front)..

So I want to setup a 75-100g tank and would appreciate any feedback on tank brands, and what you would do for your initial setup (sump, refugium, uv, canister, wet/dry). I plan to get a tank with drill work already complete..

I hope to keep the tank & stand to around $750 and then work on the rest of the needed components over the next couple months. Overall I would like to stay under $1500 if possible (for hardware). Rocks, fish, etc.. will come later..

Any recommendations on what you would do if you could start fresh?

I am also in the process of setting up a 75 gal. I have bought and made all of my equipment. I am waiting on my sand and live rock.
So far I have spent about 750. 400 for tank (75 gal.), stand (pine wood), lights (normal output), hood (pine wood). 100 (used) for the protein skimmer (berlin classic protein skimmer w/rio 2500) which is 165 brand new. 50 for the overflow rated at 600 gph (tank isn't reef ready). 100 for mag 7 rated at 700 return pump and materials for a diy wet/dry filter. 46 for 4 200 watt tronic heaters brand new ( two for main tank, one for saltwater mixing tub and one for a quarintine). and finnally 48 for two maxijet 1200. I am using a 25 gallon tank for a sump which I already had.
All of the used items were purchased on ebay and every thing besides the tank,hood...... was purchased form premium aquatics.com

Back
Top Bottom