Setup necessary for 75 gallon fancy goldfish/seasonal loach tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jayjangle

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am looking to set up the new 75g acrylic aquarium I got to house my three fancies (still small), perhaps one more fancy and a few seasonal loaches (the ones that change color). Am wondering if I will need just a filtration system appropriate for a tank of that size, or if I should also consider a heater or other things. Oh, and what size of airstone would be best for these types of fish?

While on this topic, how many fancies is appropriate for a 75g? I am moving only three of mine to this tank but I would like to get one or two more if that would be alright.

filteration

filteration for golds should be at least 2 or 3 times that of the gallon because of the extreme bio load from them they are cold water fish but in ac i would keep a heater available becareful of extreme temp changes and feed blanched fruit and veggies they tend too have trouble with swim bladders blanched peas are good dehulled as far as fish per gallon ill say its been years since i had goldies but you could ask mummaof two she has goldies i think if i rember its 20 gallons for the first then 10 or 15 per additional and i have no idea on the loach happy goldies mean happy parents

filteration for golds should be at least 2 or 3 times that of the gallon because of the extreme bio load from them they are cold water fish but in ac i would keep a heater available becareful of extreme temp changes and feed blanched fruit and veggies they tend too have trouble with swim bladders blanched peas are good dehulled as far as fish per gallon ill say its been years since i had goldies but you could ask mummaof two she has goldies i think if i rember its 20 gallons for the first then 10 or 15 per additional and i have no idea on the loach happy goldies mean happy parents

Well I did some research on fancy-friendly tank mates, and I read about a couple of different kinds of loaches that do well with fancies if proper tank parameters are met. I am a person who likes variety, so I am looking to keep something other than fancy goldfish if my means allow it. At the same time, I am aware that not much goes well with fancies so I try to make the most informed decision I can regarding other fish.

So, two filtration systems then? Also, I feed my goldies boiled peas daily and the occasional boiled lettuce leaf, and they love it. I also treat them to frozen mysis shrimp cubes and pieces of fruit on occasion and they gobble it all up.

Back
Top Bottom