Shipping aquariums??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd say you got lucky :). Glass inside glass, even with padding, just isn't a good mix.

As for the 38, they may not have packed tightly enough between the two tanks or when they loaded the truck, they didn't place the tank properly to keep it still or from having other things shift into it. When I saw them in the truck, they weren't wrapped in blankets or even boxed.

Just as an aside, this was a door to door shipment, no storage and they managed to bring the wrong truck to the apartment. They opened up the doors on the first truck and I didn't recognize a thing. The bald tires and pool table gave me my first hint it was the wrong truck :) since I had never saved tires and never owned a pool table.

lmao I could of imagined the look on your face...as in terms of shipping the tanks, unless they are custom built tanks, just toss em on craigslist and sell them as previously advised...its too much of a hassle to try and package them and wrap them..if it were a custom tank or a monster tank it may be worth it, but not for an everyday 20 and 29 g tank

It was the move from Hades I tell you. On top of that, my mother decided that since I wasn't there to protect things, added in all the household items she didn't want anymore. I "inherited" every towel she had, every type sheet, (wrong size for my mattress), pots, pans, silverware..I had enough silverware to put out for 25 people. She sent two different types of full dish sets even though I had my own complete set. Salvation Army had a lot of donated stuff form me and I couldn't even deduct it since I was single and living on a low level military paycheck..I didn't make enough or have the assets to itemize above the standard deduction.

Back
Top Bottom