Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-22-2012, 04:21 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Shipwrecks

I am looking for a large shipwreck, and im talking about 3 foot long shipwreck.
Does anyone know where can i find it online
thanks

Old 08-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

This large one is three feet long, in three sections.

Aquarium decorations and ornaments: Zanusa Aquatics Sunken Galleon at Foster & Smith Aquatics

Old 08-23-2012, 06:55 PM   #3

That three-piece is kinda cool...but I actually still prefer the one I had in my last 60 gallon setup which we bought at Petsmart:

Top Fin&#0174 Schooner Bow with Fabric Sail - Decorations - Fish - PetSmart

We were doing the whole pirate/shipwreck theme back then, and this was the centerpiece...even if you don't get another piece to make a fully "cracked ship," this one piece looks pretty authentic under the water. The only thing that sucked about it were the white silk sails -- these things got LOADED and killed with brown diatom algae in our tank, in addition to green algae which eventually took over. The sails looked DISGUSTING just before we experienced a bacterial infection in that tank that killed all our fancy goldfish and required us to throw all the decor, gravel and plants away.

Still, this was a cool decoration -- the fish were constantly going in and out of the hole in the bottom of the ship (I believe you can hook up an airline to this piece so the ship bubbles; we didn't) and exploring the upper deck portion to hunt for food. I would love to do the whole "shipwreck" theme again, as I think it's the most authentic underwater scape next to the natural/driftwood theme, but we already have stuff for a natural-Asian hybrid theme for the next time we set up a goldfish tank...
Old 08-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Those are cool looking too. Always wondered about those fabric sails and how long they'd last before rotting or possibly releasing chemicals and causing an issue.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
Those are cool looking too. Always wondered about those fabric sails and how long they'd last before rotting or possibly releasing chemicals and causing an issue.
It didn't take long for those sails to begin rotting and breaking down/de-threading in our last tank...within about a year's time, the entire surface of them turned from bright white to a nasty, coated-in-slime brown and green. They looked AWFUL...otherwise, this was a VERY cool decoration piece...I loved it, and so did my goldies (before they got too fat to squeeze in there!).
Old 08-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #6
Great white snark

Tank of the Month Award

Please stay on topic. This is about shipwreck decorations not sweet smelling water.

One and only warning.

AA ToS
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/misc.php?do=sknetwork&page=tos
DragonFish71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:07 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

That Pet Place has some pretty neat ones in store, and has a decent online selection.

That Pet Place Pet Supplies Search | ThatPetPlace.com

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com