Shop compressors used for aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADiazENG

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm putting a large aquarium in my shop. I already have a air compressor that I use for my pneumatic tools. I'm thinking that I'll split off a separate regulator to use as an air source for fluid medium in my sump filter. My question is; Will the air quality coming out of that compressor be okay to use in my sump or will it be filled with harmful bacteria or heavy metals from inside the compressor tank.? I don't know, does anyone know?

I wouldn't do it mainly because if water and or oil get into the air supply , and they do . Better to just get a large pump for aquariums .

@Leeatl; I hadn't thought of that. Your reply prompted me to google removing oil and water from compressed lines. I stumbled upon the PDF with a total explanation of the process and how to obtain output air purity at 'food handling grade use, scientific and medical grade use as well. I will indeed purchase a tank air pump.
However; The DIY guy in me has accepted the challenge of making a home made (dryer, chiller, condensation trap, oil and water vapor dry particulate capture system) Just to see if I can :) Arrrrgh!

https://www.parker.com/Literature/Hiross Zander Division/PDF Files/Brochures/WPCDOAAC-00-EN.pdf

Back
Top Bottom