Should I buy this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Taresa

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

Came across this today.
700 obo wife says it has to go today! 8 Feet long, 3 feet deep, 2 ft tal. Twin overflows. Comes with 125G sump and plumming parts. The maker of the tank is midwestcustom.com For this tank new costs about 2700. I do have most of the parts for the stand. Phone me up if you would like to come check it out.

3n73p83od5X35R05S4b65e47d611bc48f1c71.jpg

3k23m53oa5Y45O65Z0b6527f4a426ebb41adb.jpg

We have a 55g and a 30g FW, and we're in the process of setting up a 75g SW with a 30g sump. We really want a big tank for our dining room. It could be seen on both sides from the living room and dining room. The dining room is on a slab foundation, ceramic tile floor and I don't think there's a subfloor. We're pretty handy and plan to build our own stand. We really want something an arowana would be happy in.

I'm worried that it's acrylic, but from what I've read, if you're not afraid of sticking your arm in there to wipe off the scratches, it will be fine.

We're going to see it tomorrow and plan to bring $500 in cash and see how far we get.

So, my question- are we crazy?

What do we need to look for?

What should we ask the guy?

Should we have him put water in it so we can see that it's seaworthy? I'm thinking so.

Is this as amazing of a deal as I think it is?

How can we protect it on the way home?

Thanks for any advice you can share!

-Taresa
:fish2:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to get a silver arowana that tank would be perfect for him. I would water test it like you were thinking of. Wrapping it in towels should protect it on it's journey.

Bummer

Bad news - the spot it would go in (the only spot in our house it would fit) is too short!

Thanks for the reply, Honda. I'll keep scouring CL for another one :)

Back
Top Bottom