Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-15-2004, 11:32 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Should I reseal my 200 gallon FW tank?

Long story short -

Aprox. 200 gallon Freshwater SA & CA Cichlids (pics in my gallery)

My hose from the syphon to the wet/dry was leaking for about two weeks - carpet getting moldy under tank - have "children" in new 33 gal. trash cans with 1700 Rio and a digital heater - major water changes to come as we are repairing area!

Now that I have the opportunity - the tank is empty and drying out -
SHOULD I RESEAL THE SILICONE?

It was not the tank that was leaking - but it is going on 15 years old.

Resealing that tank will be one hell of a job!

Should I take the opportunity or go with "If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It" ?

Thanks for the advice!

"Fish all bathe together. Although they do tend to eat one another. I often think...fish must get awfully tired of seafood." Arthur, 1981
MelindaReichert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 12:02 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to krap101
there are ups and downs. a 200 gallon is pretty big... if you break it or cant put it back together then your in for a ride . but also it'll stop the risk of it coming undone later when you least need it. id say go for it!. lol think............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................................................i could probally fit in there. lol waste of space

Old 09-16-2004, 12:03 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to krap101
what the heck did i do? i thought it would like keep scrolling down. it went the wrong way ahahahaha

Tags
seal, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com