Should I reseal my 200 gallon FW tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MelindaReichert

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Long story short -

Aprox. 200 gallon Freshwater SA & CA Cichlids (pics in my gallery)

My hose from the syphon to the wet/dry was leaking for about two weeks - carpet getting moldy under tank - have "children" in new 33 gal. trash cans with 1700 Rio and a digital heater - major water changes to come as we are repairing area!

Now that I have the opportunity - the tank is empty and drying out -
SHOULD I RESEAL THE SILICONE?

It was not the tank that was leaking - but it is going on 15 years old.

Resealing that tank will be one hell of a job!

Should I take the opportunity or go with "If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It" ?

Thanks for the advice!

there are ups and downs. a 200 gallon is pretty big... if you break it or cant put it back together then your in for a ride :D. but also it'll stop the risk of it coming undone later when you least need it. id say go for it!. lol think.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................i could probally fit in there. lol waste of space

what the heck did i do? i thought it would like keep scrolling down. it went the wrong way ahahahaha

Back
Top Bottom