should I use a different filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loubeardy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have the Large Askoll fish tank (68l/15g) that came with an built in filter. the filter media runs along the top of the tank in its own compartment which I can access with ease.... it has a lot of over flow water that isn't getting through to the media sections. Is this a problem? I only have two tank inhabitants (a betta and and shrimp.... will eventually get some more shrimp but not many)
if so what is a good filter for a betta, I know they dot like a strong current.
tia
laura (sorry for all the questions! love my Betta and want him to be happy.... and alive....)

I'm not familiar with Askoll filters.

I love AquaClear filters. You can get a AquaClear 20 for about $20. It would be an appropriate size, you can adjust flow, and you rarely have to replace media. The entire thing is user serviceable, and you can replace individual parts if anything goes wrong.

I'm not familiar with Askoll filters.

I love AquaClear filters. You can get a AquaClear 20 for about $20. It would be an appropriate size, you can adjust flow, and you rarely have to replace media. The entire thing is user serviceable, and you can replace individual parts if anything goes wrong.
askoll filter arw rubbish!!!! and I know that as a newbie ha! I went for the hydra filter in the end. guy said he has one in his tank and that it is a dream. reviews seem to suggest so too, but it's a rather different filter so I'm wary.... I'll keep my eye on it and see how it fares

Back
Top Bottom