Sick of the blue intake tubes on XP Canister filters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neilanh

Sliced Bread
A while back, around early to mid-february, there was a discussion going on about canister filters and how the blue intake on the XPs was rather disappointing. I sent several emails, and finally started receiving replies. Most of which stated they couldn't do anything to help, but today I received an email from Dave Schaeffer, who's with Aquarium Pharmacuticals, the makers of the XP filters. In his email, which I'll include below, he urged me to get the word out, in hopes that enough complaints will stir up a process.

So, I thought I'd pass it along. Here is the email I received from him. I emailed him directly, and he included his email in the reply, so that may be a good place to start.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for contacting us with your question.

While I can make a note of your issue with the Filstar, at this time there are no all-black components available. We do pay attention to customer feedback, so I urge you tell anyone else with the same issue to contact us.

Thanks and best regards,

dschaeffer@aquariumpharm.com
Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Inc.

For completeness, here is the email I sent to him

I recently purchased one of your XP3 canister filters to run on my 46 gallon tank, and I am very impressed with it and very happy about my purchase.

However, I don't like the fact that the intake tube is that light blue color. Do you make any replacement parts for the intake extension sections that are black in color?

I am a member of a rather large online message forum community, and this seems to be a very common theme with the many owners of your canisters.

Thank you!
Neilan

So, send him an email! Let's see if we can get something started here. Spread the word on any other forums you're on as well!

Sent!

Along with a suggestion to make a spray bar available that will fit horizontally along the sides of a 12" or 13" wide tank, like my 55g.

Back
Top Bottom