Silent air pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aim300x

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
HI im looking for a quiet air pump , i have bought two pumps that claimed to be silent but no such luck , my current pump is a profile 1500 . I had someone tell me that if you bleed some of the air out with a valve that it takes some of the strain out of the pump making it quieter .Well i have the valve in the air tube and i am bleeding some of the air out of the line , but its still to noisy. Are there any silent pumps out there ? Please give me make and model#. Txs

From everything I've heard the Rena pumps are supposed to be the quietest.

I bought a cheaper one (PenPlax, and it's in the mail right now) and I was thinking of trying some Dynamat to sit it on. It's a product made for car audio that goes in trunks and is there to absorb sound and vibrations. It's usually about $15 for two 10"X10" sheets.

I have room for my cannister filter and air pump in one area if the cabinet an I'm thinking about lining the entire inside with dynamat. If you have the pump sitting out a small scrap big enough for it to sit on would probably cut down on the sound and you could probably scam a tiny piece from a local car audio shop.

Here is a link to where you can order it from Crutchfield.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ZZdHZgCjdxL/cgi-bin/ProdGroup.asp?g=181250&avf=N

Thats a great suggestion , im going to look into that and read up on that rena pump to, and i thought i was the only fanatic one with the air pump noise .Txs for sharing

Hey thanks for the link and all feedback as i have a couple of pumps to look into now 8)

Back
Top Bottom