Simple yes or no question(RO/DI)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MDChurch

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have got my RO/DI plumbed direct to my storage tank with the float valve for the shut off. This may sound dumb, but I really have to ask. When the float valve shuts of the flow of RO/DI does that also shut down the waste water that is flowing or does it continue going down the drain?? I know sounds crazy but just have to find out !! thanks.:thanks::facepalm:

It shuts down the whole thing. It's not a good idea to only run the RO for a small amount of water tho. It's better to have a shut off there and only turn the RO on when the storage tank gets low.

I have mine hooked to the hose that feeds the ro unit itself. Meaning the incoming water from the source. That way the whole unit shuts off.

That what I thought was the case. I made my water yesterday and when the tank was full I just shut off the feed that is plumbed in at the sink. Then when I make water I don't have to keep such a close eye on it with the float valve in the tank. Hey! Thanks for the replies and for verifying what I thought was so.

Back
Top Bottom