Skilter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a Skilter 250, but my tank has only been running for three weeks. The protein skimmer does an okay job....but it is very loud and produces tons of micro bubbles. I had to put a sponge in the unit to reduce the bubbles. It's okay for my 20 gallon tank, but I would say if your tank is any bigger, don't get it. I'm actually gonna use my tax return money and buy a "normal" protein skimmer. ON a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say it's a 5.

Hi

I can hear the skilter from the next room and can be annoying if you like it quiet at night.

I've had mine for about 7 months in my 10-gal reef, but I have to get rid of it because of the millions of micro bubbles - they are very detrimental to my seahorse (actually, so is the small tank :lol: ). I also agree 100% with emorrisson33 that it is very loud and a protein skimmer is a better way to go.

If you have a small tank, a bio-wheel filter might be worth looking into, otherwise, I'd go with emorrisson33's advice.

Good luck!

do a search in this site, and youll get the answers, most didnt like them. i was going to get one, but after reading about them, i decided against it. its better to put the money for that towards something better.

Back
Top Bottom