skimmer 55gal reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
would this protein skimmer be suitable for my 55 gal bowfront reef? its the same one they sell at my LFS but about 80 dollars cheaper also would there be any need for some typle of filter? i want just a soft and maybe lps tank its also gonna be bare bottomhttp

://www.amazingamazon.com.au/protein-skimmer.html

You forgot to mention what skimmer your talking about? And no sand? Not sure about that one? I know there's lots of BB in your sand bed to help maintain good water quality and you will need it for some corals

I got told a bare bottom is still good and there is a web page linked to the original post i might get sand but id like bare bottom

this is the description for it
Protein Skimmer G216
ProSkim Protein skimmers are designed to easily and effectively remove organic waste from aquarium water. The needle wheel impeller increases the contact area maximising efficiency. Simple, accurate control allows you to adjust the output quickly and easily. The result is cleaner, clearer water and healthier aquarium inhabitants.

Aqua/one ProSkim G216 Protein Skimmer.

Needle Wheel.Max 1400l/hr

20Watts

Suitable for aquariums up to 400 litres.

Can be hung on the side of the aquarium or in a sump.

40cmh x 21cmw x 13cmd

2+1 year guarantee

It should be good, I think it's rated for up to 90?gallon tank. As long as you don't overstock your tank it should be good.
Bare bottom tank? I guess it can be done, I've seen it on FW tanks. I think it would be a pain to try to clean the algae of the bottom glass, I'm not even sure how that would look. I gotta look that up :)

A bare bottom reef is fine, if that's what you like. Coralline will eventually cover the bottom.
I don't know the skimmer so i can't comment on that, but it's certainly not a brand name, and In my experience, I would suggest staying with trusted brands.

Mr x aqua one is a common used brand in australia i have always used it and not had problems :) and yea the bare bottoms do look nice and modern :) i was thinking of getting an urchin to help with coraline algae but that will be once i have a decent amount

Mr x aqua one is a common used brand in australia i have always used it and not had problems :) and yea the bare bottoms do look nice and modern :) i was thinking of getting an urchin to help with coraline algae but that will be once i have a decent amount

I wouldn't worry about the coraline, it looks nice. That's the bottoms of the tanks I saw and they look pretty cool with coraline!

Sweet haha i want one eventually anyway haha the only thing i will probably.have to do is glue the rocks

Back
Top Bottom