Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
All
I have had a Aqua C Remora Skimmer (hang on kind) for a 140 gallon tank. It removes a lot and is good but I think I might need something a little larger and better. Whats the next best skimmer in line with these so that I dont break the bank?I have a reef with 7 small to medium fish. I have been having issues (which I dont want to rehash) with algea and some red slime from time to time. When I was recently on vacation my skimmer went off line and came home to red slime. Put it back on line and the red slime is almost gone. Makes a difference so I think if I go with a bigger skimmer it will be even better.

*Moved to new forum.
If you want to stick w/ Aqua-C, they make an EV series for use in sumps on larger aquariums. I love my Remora, but I have no personal experience w/ the EV series. They make a few models that will work on your tank, depending on how much money you want to spend, room you have, and tank needs. Here is a link to their site showing the EV models- http://www.proteinskimmer.com/productsnew.htm

I have the EV 180 and it works fine in my 120. It took a llittler tinkering to get to the right setting but once there it has been producing well ever since.

Back
Top Bottom