Skimmer acting up now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

benji69

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a pretty big protein skimmer that I bought about a year ago and just now replaced my smaller one with it. It works right but there must be a way to set the water level on it. When I turn it on, it works immediately but the foam filled up ultra fast and then fills the overflow cup fast. In other words, The over flow cup will overflow back into the sump. I will take a picture of it to see if anyone here knows how to adjust this. I tried all night and could not get it to stop overflowing into the sump. There is no manufacturer name on the skimmer and my girlfriend through the box away a while back. There is a side "tube" with a filter that moves up and down and when I push or pull it, the water level in the skimmer moves up or down but the "foam" still fills pretty fast and then immediately overflows as water into the cup. If I were to leave it running while I was at work or not at home, it would surely overflow into the sump within 15 minutes. Any advice would surely be appreciated.

Thanks!

~Benji~

Also, the aquarium store where I purchased this skimmer is now closed and I can't find the model online... I'll upload a picture or two of it this evening after work.

Many Skimmers have a level adjustment allowing you to prevent filling the container on top too quickly.

Back
Top Bottom