Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-18-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Skimmer acting up now

I have a pretty big protein skimmer that I bought about a year ago and just now replaced my smaller one with it. It works right but there must be a way to set the water level on it. When I turn it on, it works immediately but the foam filled up ultra fast and then fills the overflow cup fast. In other words, The over flow cup will overflow back into the sump. I will take a picture of it to see if anyone here knows how to adjust this. I tried all night and could not get it to stop overflowing into the sump. There is no manufacturer name on the skimmer and my girlfriend through the box away a while back. There is a side "tube" with a filter that moves up and down and when I push or pull it, the water level in the skimmer moves up or down but the "foam" still fills pretty fast and then immediately overflows as water into the cup. If I were to leave it running while I was at work or not at home, it would surely overflow into the sump within 15 minutes. Any advice would surely be appreciated.

benji69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Also, the aquarium store where I purchased this skimmer is now closed and I can't find the model online... I'll upload a picture or two of it this evening after work.

benji69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:32 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Many Skimmers have a level adjustment allowing you to prevent filling the container on top too quickly.
Pynuse is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com