skimmer advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rockerman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi all my son just got a 4ft tank but has no room for a hang on skimmer as its close to the wall and it as no sump i was wondering if is possable to get a skimmer that can be put on a shelf above the tank or one that can go in the cupard with the filter. thankyou
progress.gif

How close to the wall is the tank? My Remora C does not take any room at all. If it is that close what about on the side. I originally had a cheap Visi-JET PS 100 that I attached on the side of the tank. Hope this helps.

You can get an external recirculating skimmer which can be put on a shelf even with or slightly above the top of the tank. If you don't have a sump, you can't run a skimmer below the tank.

As Judge mentioned, if you already have a hang on back skimmer, hang it on the side if there is no room in back.

thank for you help cant put a skimmer on the side of the tank as the wall comes round the side and back of the tank where can i buy a external recirculating skimmer. menythanks

Back
Top Bottom