Skimmer Choices?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StrongBad

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm looking at skimmers as a way to reduce my nitrate load and improve the overall cleanliness of my 30 gallon tank. I wonder if anyone has any advice about good and bad skimmers out there. I am looking a the aqua c remora, sea clone 150, and super skimmer. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Seaclones are too finicky... you need to be fiddling with the venturi valve too often and the foam production is not as good as many others out there. The Remora is great for the money. Easy to operate and the height of the collection cup is all you need to adjust.

SeaClone's get a bad rep due to years of poor functionality. The new ones are supposedly better, but may still need some mods to work 'the best they can'.

Remora is a good skimmer, but a little spendy in my opinion.
You didn't list the CPR bak-pak, but I"m going to suggest it as a cheaper alternative the the Remora that'll do a fine job in a 30gal tank (I have one on my 40gal).

http://amekaaquatics.com/Merchant2/...ct_Code=SECONDS_CYHO2R&Category_Code=_SECONDS

Just curious what makes the bak pak 2 so great. I saw it at Pet Solutions for around 129 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom