Skimmer Dilemma- help needed :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I'm just getting the final things for my upcoming 60g cube and I'm at the skimmer now. I will either have a 10 X 10 space or a little bit more if I use a 10g tank to be my sump. That means I need something that will fit and work well.

Here are the ones that will fit:

Eshopps psk150
Urchin w/mag3
Tunze 9006

BUT

I have an eshopps psk150 on my 125g so i could buy a new skimmer for the 125g and let the 60g have the eshopps. :)

I only have 2 contenders for that scenario and those are:

reef octopus diablo2500
Bubble Magus BM180ex

Should I just buy a new skimmer which will be cheaper since it has to be kinda small or do I upgrade the 125g reef?

One other thing though! There always is with me LOL I have a refugium sump on the 125g and to be able to upgrade the skimmer i have to get rid of the fuge. I can barely fit the eshopps 150 in the input compartment so the only other space is the actual refugium itself.

Please help. I am sitting on the fence with this one. lol

Thanks everyone! I need all the input I can get.

I thought that one got nixed awhile back by Mr x. LOL Not sure how good those skimmers are. i'll go look at them now. \
\thanks!!

carey said:
I thought that one got nixed awhile back by Mr x. LOL Not sure how good those skimmers are. i'll go look at them now. \
\thanks!!

I've never used one before but if you search them YouTube you should be able to see how well they work.

Theres not gonna be a heck of a lot of room underneath. It is 23 X 23 and the sump will either be 18 inches or 20 inches long. I'm gonna try to build the sump myself, at least give it a try. I'm figuring 5 inches for the return pump, 2 inches for a baffle thingee which will leave me 13 inches give or take.

To be honest I'm tempted to buy another eshopps skimmer. It's only 12 x 8 and I have had extremely good luck with it. Skims up a perfect skimmate. The bonus is i can get it for like $140 bucks or so.

carey said:
Theres not gonna be a heck of a lot of room underneath. It is 23 X 23 and the sump will either be 18 inches or 20 inches long. I'm gonna try to build the sump myself, at least give it a try. I'm figuring 5 inches for the return pump, 2 inches for a baffle thingee which will leave me 13 inches give or take.

To be honest I'm tempted to buy another eshopps skimmer. It's only 12 x 8 and I have had extremely good luck with it. Skims up a perfect skimmate. The bonus is i can get it for like $140 bucks or so.

Then go for it :-D

Back
Top Bottom