Skimmer failure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
My Tunze9002 keeps failing. I've cleaned and cleaned and cleaned and.... Well.... You get the point. I've even soaked it in white vinegar and water solution and it works for a day or maybe 3 then stops. I can hear the motor humming but it's DOA. I have to pull it out which is a pain and clean and clean only to start the whole dialing in of the skimmer again.

It's on the BC29 and I'm honestly getting tired of every few days cleaning it or repairing it.

Here's the original thread about if I really need a skimmer on the BC29. As you see some say yes others say no. But you can see the pictures.

I looked this morning and after 3 days working there is nothing in the cup and the tube is looks brand new.

Well that's it really. It's not under warranty and I'm just tired of pulling wires and taking it out every couple of days. It's really just deterring me from keeping the stupid thing in the tank.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f101/bc29-and-skimmer-tunze9002-216954.html

Back
Top Bottom