Skimmer for 10G sump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need some ideas on a good skimmer for my 10G sump i am building guys! :) Thanks in advance!

ooops...wrong thread

check my reply on your other thread on the sump

If you get a skimmer for in your sump, move the baffles to the left on the drawing of the sump in the other thread to give yourself more room for the skimmer. You want the skimmer to be in a location where the water level stays the same. The right side will always be the same level where the left will get lower as water evaporates.

I have read a couple of forum comments of people that do not like the coralife super skimmer I think the most popular skimmer the the aqua-C remora pro. If you are going to put it in the sump I hear the Aqua-Medic turboflotor 1000 is good here is a site with some decent prices and a few options to consider
http://www.aquatictech.com/protein_skimmers.htm

After i posted this i read a lot of reviews and the only thing i can find anyone not liking about it is the fact it is not good for HOB applications. A lot of people said they own 2 or 3 and love them but then again its a matter of opinion. Thanks for the site its great.

I have a CSS 125. It works OK. If you do get 1, the biggest improvement you can do to it the fishing line mod. You wrap fishing line around the needlewheel impeller and it chops up the bubbles super fine. It improved the performance of my CSS 125 dramatically.

Ok if not that skimmer then what one do you guys recommend? I dont want to spend over 150 on it.

Does it have to be inside the sump? I only have about 21" of clearance under my tank. Thats why I wanted a hang on i could hang it out the back of the stand and it would be ok. Can this one do that? Or how about this one i have heard good things about these...

http://www.aquacave.com/detail.aspx?ID=1228

No, that particular Octopus skimmer must be used in sump only. I'm not familiar with any of the smaller HOB skimmers.

Back
Top Bottom