Skimmer for a 150 tall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michealprater

Aquarium Advice Addict
In your opinion what skimmer would offer the most bang for the buck on a 150 tall. I am not looking for a top quality one, in fact it has to be the one that is the best on a budget. Please list Brand, Vendor, Price and why you think it is the best. Thank you.

no body like them (except me) but the skilter works good for me. Big als has the 250 for 34 bux. I'm not sure on the 400.

What price range are you looking for Michael? In sump I'm guessing? If you can give me a little more info, I'll try to make some suggestions. My first suggestion would be an Aqua C EV180, but that's a fairly expensive unit.

I guess I should clarify. It should be a HOB. :oops: forgot to mention that . not sure of what budget yet. It has been so long since I purchased one.

For an HOB thats going to be very hard for that size of a tank.. My first thought would be an EV240 or atleast an ev180 But then you mentioned it had to be HOB so out of all the HOB skimmers I havent really seen any rated for up to a 150g.. You can contact AquaC and talk with them about doing a Remora Super.. LOL They do custom fabricate skimmers.. Other than that the remora pro is about the best HOB skimmer out there but for a 150g tank thats stretching it.. btw www.proteinskimmer.com

HTH<
James

Other than that the remora pro is about the best HOB skimmer out there but for a 150g tank thats stretching it..
It depends on how much skimming you feel you actually need. My seaclone which have terrible reputations did great on my 100 gallon when I had it. But it is broke now and I need a new one. Who has the best price on a Remora Pro??

Who has the best price on a Remora Pro
All places will have the same price on them however at Captivereefs.com we get our membership discout which makes Darin the cheapest.. LOL I would check with him for an exact price.. But I believe we get 6% off all non sale items..

HTH<
James

Back
Top Bottom