Skimmer, Hanging one,not sure it's correct

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

femmeartist51

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, I have a skimmer that hangs on the back of my tank. I turn that little knob that allows, I think either more air, or more water. One way when I turn it, it makes so many little bubbles. Not very pleasant to look at and I don't think the fish like it much. If I turn it another direction, that little knob, it slows down the small floating air bubbles and slows down the amount of water flowing out. Also when I turn the little knob one way, it raises the water up in that tube that goes to the top of the skimmer, and of course when I turn it down, it lowers the flow. So do I want more of those tiny bubbles with the water going up higher in the skimmer, up to that big top thing. Or do I want less tiny bubbles and lower levels of water in the top of the skimmer???
Another question please. The skimmer helps to lower nitrates and nitrites. Does it do anything for ammonia?? Thanks for your help Lynda:fish2::fish2::fish2:

90 gallon tank

Can someone give me advice pls on skimmer thks

Please I need to know if I am doing this correctly. Please read my other post thanks Lynda

Skimmer,not sure I am using it correctly

Please read my first post. Also I have to add that my nitrates have gone up, one fish passed on. So please someone help me with this question

Back
Top Bottom