Skimmer Help Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bavass

Aquarium Advice Addict
As some of you know I started a thread on my coral issues. One of the ideas that came up was might be over skimming. I do have a large skimmer on my 55g its a Warner Marine MF 181. Love it! I was running it with the gate valve almost closed totally and skimming very wet. I am trying to run it more dry and balance the nutrient levels so that I have some nitrates and phosphates in my tank. I don't really want to add NO3 in the form of dosing Sodium Nitrate. I would rather make adjustments to my skimmer and raise them a little. I have been adjusting my skimmer a little at a time over the last few weeks with little difference. Tonight when I cleaned out the skimmer cup I decided to make a big adjustment and open the gate valve about halfway. If anybody is familiar with the Skmiz line of skimmers the Warner Marine MF series is the same with a few mods. Here is two videos of my skimmer minutes after adjusting. How does the bubble breakage and foam look?

Warner Marine 181 - YouTube

Warner Marine 181 Foam - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom