Skimmer making lots of micro bubbles in tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iluvseahorses

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Why does my Skimmer put off so many micro bubbles? Is this dangerous to my seahorses? Should I not run the skimmer doing this? It does this even worse after a water change.

Brand: Coralife Super Skimmer

We had one of those skimmers and it is a hunk of junk. I would look into investing in another skimmer down the road. If you search the forums for skimmers there have been a ton of threads started on what good brands of skimmers there are. Just my opinion though. Maybe you will have better luck with it.

I thought i heard that micro bubbles can be bad for your seahorses because they can get trapped in the males pouch and cause problems. Not positive on that though. My brother keeps seahorses and he has a whole forum that he goes to that is dedicated to keeping seahorses. Not that the good people here aren't helpful just this is a bit more specific i think. PM me and i can get you the site if you want.

I 2nd Pat on the "quality" of a CSS. I had 1 and they are not worth what they cost.

How long has it been running? It will take a good week or 2 for the skimmer to break in and the mb's will slow down. Do you have that bubble diffuser box set up?

I don't know if mb's are harmful to seahorses, but they won't bother fish or coral.

Back
Top Bottom