Skimmer Not Working! Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jslmk4

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 44 gal. Fowlr tank that has been running about 4 months. Stock is 1 tomato clown and 2 damsels. I recently installed a sump with a protein skimmer that i had running hob, since i put the skimmer in the sump it has not worked right, no skimmate! Any help would be appreciated.

What kind of skimmer is it? Most of you HOB skimmers won't work in a sump, unless the sump is full like the tank and the skimmer is hanging off the side. Setting it in the sump may be messing with the water level in the skimmer.

Its a Coralife 65g super skimmer....its supposed to be hob or in sump.

jslmk4 said:
Its a Coralife 65g super skimmer....its supposed to be hob or in sump.

Are you sure you have it set up correctly for in sump operation? I am unfamiliar with that skimmer, all I can really suggest is to make certain it's set up correctly and clean the skimmer and air intake/Venturi.

I set it up just like the instructions said....i had it working fine hob but in sump i cant seem to get it to work right! When i switched it i totally cleaned it before i put it in sump.

This skimmer is only 3 months old and i got it because i dont have much space in my sump.

No other suggestions? Im about ready to throw this skimmer out!

You can try hanging back on the tank and see if it starts working again, if so then it has something to do with the in-sump installation. If not, then there is something wrong with the skimmer itself. Once you know which it is, maybe you can get the manufacturer to assist you further.

Thats what i was thinking, after reading all the bad reviews about this skimmer i should of brought it back!

Back
Top Bottom