Skimmer Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmirtsching

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I think my skimmer is trying to die on me...or it just may be the impeller. It is a marineland 300. It came with the tank when I first got it 2 years ago. I know they are not the greatest, but it has served its purpose and got me started on my 90gal. I priced a new impeller which is $50. I figured if I was going to spend that much on something that may not even be the problem, thwn I could just go ahead and purchase a new skimmer. So my question is, what kind/brand of skimmer do you guys recommend? I would preferably have an in-sump skimmer due to space and don't want it outside of my stand. Thanks!!

Guess it would help to give some tank info...lol! I have a 90gal mixed reef. Approximately 100lb rock, 2in sand bed, 30gal sump w/filter sock. 6 fish, couplw inverts and a cuc.

Reef octopus, bubble magus, vertex. Just some of the reliable brands off the top of my head

+1 on that. The brands mentioned above are all solid performers. IMO you want one rated 50% larger than the tank you have. But a good efficient skimmer is an important piece in a reef system.

Back
Top Bottom