Skimmer problems...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tjara03

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a CSS 65 and i stopped by my room this morning and found my skimmer overflowing!!! does anyone know why it would do this? this is the second time this has happened. it works great for 3-4 days then it overflows... any help would be great!!! TIA!!

Mine has done that in the past... you are skimming too wet. I set my CSS where the microbubbles stop just inside the joint between the body of the skimmer and the collection cup.. yields nasty dark brown skimmate.

These skimmers do seem sensitive. If the above doesn't work, make sure the vent hole on the output tube isn't clogged.

There is a huge thread about this skimmer over on RC and one of the problems a few of them had was overflow. I would head over there and find that thread. It's hella long, though.

I went ahead and picked up a Remora Pro instead of the CSS just because of the fear of overflow.

Well mine is being delivered tommorrow...Guess its good thing ill be running it in a sump?
Im gonna look for that thread...thanks!

Back
Top Bottom