Skimmer question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondatek

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is it better the leave the inside all gunked up or is it better for the foam to grab and rise through a clean surface?

It's a sea clone. I just seen conflicting you tube videos on the interior part. Some said you need some gunk for it to cling to some said it needs to be clean

Sea clones are a bit touchy from what I've read. Mine seems to pull better when it's clean, I'm running an eshopps currently.

On my 55g I run a remora and I've never cleaned the inside, but it also pulls a good amount of skimmate.

Clean it and see what happens. :)

I got the foam at the base of the cup but it's not going up the inner tube. Im just going to see how it works overnight I think I might of cleaned it a little to good

i have one of the new c skim 1800 and it has a built in spray ring all i need to do is turn a tap and it will self clean i was told to clean it 2/3 times a week by the sales rep as for the foam not making it up the inner tube you can tap the outlet of your skimmer that will rase the water hight and rase the foam also you can try a air pump o give a little extra air in if that works try adding a ozone pump my skimmer works so much better with one

Back
Top Bottom