Skimmer Upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ximat

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have the Seaclone 100 on my 75 and lately it hasn't been doing as good as it used to..

I want to upgrade but im not sure to what, and here's my delema:

I have two Emperor 400 filters (one will obviously have to go) but the tank sits those +1" off of the wall. So the skimmer can't have a big footprint. I don't have a sump, and i don't want one right now.

I have heard the Aqua Medic Turbo Floater is good.
I read on here that the AquaC Remora is a good one, but my LFS says they suck!! ???

Any input?

Your lfs is trying to sell you something. The aquac remora is a great skimmer. And it is only about four inches deep hanging behind the tank.

Check out the site sponsors. See what they have. Personal experience for me is that it has been an excellent skimmer. I got mine two years ago and couldn't be without it.

I just got the AquaC Remora Pro /w Mag3. Sofar I love it. I have the overflow box on order. I heard it improves skimming by 20%

It skims the water at the top, where most of the protein etc is located.. Its been said that it also reduces micro bubbles and provides a place to put chemical treatments. And it hides the ugly pump...

ps_ac_acrps.jpg

Check out Marine Depot
http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_protein_skimmers_aquac_remora_pro.asp?ast=&key=

Back
Top Bottom