Skimmers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macman7010

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am getting ready to buy a new skimmer for my 50 gallon reef. Right now I have both my in sump skimmer which is a generic skimmer driven by a Rio 600 powerhead and a Sea Clone 150. I am sick of adjusting the sea clone every 5 minutes for it to work. I was wondering what skimmer would be good to get, I was considering the new coral life skimmers - any ideas?

My vote would be to go with an ASM skimmer either the GX1 or larger if you can afford it. Great Skimmers for a great price.

get the coralife skimmer if that is the one you are considering. I have a 220 on my 72 and I love it. great skimmer.

Man, I have the JEBO 180, the generic pawn off of the Seaclone 100 - this thing rocks. I've left it on the same setting for almost two weeks now with no need for adjustment. I get about 1cm of dark green, almost black skimmate every 3-4days now (was every night for the first couple days). It could be possible that you are using too weak of a powerhead -- the generic one that came with mine is equivalent to what would be a Rio900-1000 (even tho they dont exist, its more powerful than a Rio800, but less powerful than a Rio1200). Plus its also awesome the small footprint this thing has - I was actually able to squeeze it into my 'fuge. I'll take pictures tonight. :)

btw, here's a link: http://www.aquatraders.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=101

$49.98 after shipping? How can you beat that?!

Back
Top Bottom