Skimmers - Cant decide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darknessheir

Aquarium Advice Regular
So from my first day of SW tank research I have been looking at skimmers. It has been 4 months and I am ready in about a month to set up tank. I still cant decide on a skimmer. The tank will be a 75 with about 20 gallons of water in the sump. I think from my research the Acua C Urchin would be my best bet for a sump skimmer. I have also had alot of ppl online and in LFS recomend the coralife super skimmer. Also eshopps now makes a skimmer that is half the price of the acuq c but seems to have good reviews although limited. Any Ideas?

I would say if there was one piece of equipment that I would not skimp on it would be a skimmer. Get the best you can get. I use the excalibur skimmer. Not saying that it`s the best but it does a great job for me.

So from my research Acua C's seem to be really good skimmers. Any one have one? Do they need alot of tweeking or can I just set them up and leave them? Also my sump area for the skimmer is fairly deep, about 10 or 12 inches, is this too much to the skimmer to opperate?

Back
Top Bottom