Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-01-2016, 11:16 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Muscle View Post
I've already had a not so great experience with them and I've mentioned that this might result in bad "reviews" on forums and they basically told me that they don't care.

I'm almost positive they will tell me one of two things on Monday when I contact them. We'll refund your money and take everything back (which I'd rather not since I've been waiting six months for this tank and stand). Or they will tell me to use styrofoam under the tank, which I'm not convinced is the best solution. I'm virtually positive they will refuse to actually fix the issue based on my previous experiences with them (there's a thread on here about some of them).

Thanks,
Harry
I guess that's where we differ. Having been in the retail pet business, I would never knowingly sell a product that had defects and if that did happen, I'd fix the issue. The fact that they don't care sounds fishy to me but I have no idea about that particular company. Me, I'd tell them to take the product back or shove it where the sun don't shine and buy a better or equal product from another company. You've already invested all this time that another couple weeks shouldn't matter. But that's just me.

Old 01-01-2016, 11:20 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to sinibotia
I agree with Andy.

sinibotia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:03 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I had a system supplied from another company and got the system up and running and the sump cracked end to end 4ft sump resulted in a flood.

They came and replaced the sump and less the 24 hours later bang it went again.

I went absolutely mental it turned out the cabinet base had a high spot in the middle and the sump sat on Styrofoam it did not stop that breaking twice !!! They replaced the whole bottom of the unit and been absolutely fine since so going off my own personal experience mopping up 2 floods no way would I trust that.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:41 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks for everyone's input and suggestions. The solution that I decided to go with was to get strips of wood to go underneath the tank trim and sand the strips down to compensate for the hump.

I keep forgetting to take better pictures while I'm working on this, but here's what I bought to fix the problem:

The strips are teak wood which does great around water and won't require any coat to provide protection. They are just a little over 1/4" tall and a little less than 2" wide.

I'm almost done sanding the pieces to compensate for the hump and a few other minor irregularities in the stand top. There where a few spots that needed filler, so I used water proof wood glue to provide the extra depth where needed.

I've also ordered neoprene rubber strips that will go in between the teak strips and stand top (overkill probably, but I like overkill).

Thanks,
Harry
Old 01-13-2016, 12:18 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

I forgot to mention what Miracles Aquariums response was to all this. Just like I expected, they just wanted to get rid of me. The gist of the response was that I should have inspected the stand when it first arrived and informed the delivery driver and that there's a rim around the tank so this should be a non issue.

My personal impression of Miracles Aquariums has gone from great to very much the opposite now.

Thanks,
Harry
Old 01-14-2016, 03:29 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

Because that's so obvious when it's being delivered! >_> Honestly, do they even want to stay in business?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
Old 01-14-2016, 03:36 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Poor customer service. I live with a master carpenter, I can't imagine how they sell anything or even how the person who built your stand even has a job anymore. And they messed up drilling the tank. How do you not measure twice and cut once? Even I know that. Man, Harry you really should go to the general retailers section and leave them a bad review so no one else falls prey.

Brenna

Brenna
brennae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 06:11 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quick update ... Miracles has decided to credit me $200 for the hassle. Not great, but not too bad either. I'll take it

Thanks,
Harry

Tags
light, stand, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com