Small bubbles in aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

librarygirl

Look It Up
Hi :)

I have a 20 gallon high with an AquaClear 20 HOB, a Fluval Internal U2 and a 3" sponge mag filter (used to help seed when cycling but just kept it in the tank). I have some micro bubbles floating around inside the tank; not a huge amount but enough to be annoying. I'm also running an air stone.

I don't think the bubbles are coming from the Fluval. I thought it was the AquaClear but I bought a filter pad and cut it to the size of the outtake and placed it so that the water flows down the pad instead of just hitting the water. I think it helped some, but the small bubbles are still there. The air stone is at the rear middle of the aquarium, to the right of the AC. The sponge filter is on the left corner, just to the left of the AquaClear intake. Any ideas on how to reduce the bubbles? Are they harmful to the fish (some fish think they are food and try to eat them)?

Thank you. :)

EDIT 10/3: Nevermind I fixed it myself. I moved the air stone further away from the HOB and it seems to have helped a lot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom