So, does anyone else NOT run a heater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no need to unplug them if it's warm enough they just won't kick on by themselves, I would hate to have am issue when the cold comes just because I forgot to plug them back in.

Palm Springs here. Have only had my tank over summer (with chiller) , but can't see needing one in winter.

TheTodd said:
Palm Springs here. Have only had my tank over summer (with chiller) , but can't see needing one in winter.

Ive never used heater water stays 78-80 all year here in central il

Yeah I've had my marine tank for two years and my freshwater one for over four and I've never used a heater. I guess that's the way it goes in tampa florida :)

I live in nj and it snows in the winter. No heater. House stays at 73 ish and 4 powerheads 3 pumps and 8bulb t5 do the trick.

My heater rarely kicks on, but I do live in Florida. If it holds a consistent temp from the lights and pump, I don't foresee that being a problem, but I still suggest having one JUST INCASE! :D

GuyeWinfield said:
My heater rarely kicks on, but I do live in Florida. If it holds a consistent temp from the lights and pump, I don't foresee that being a problem, but I still suggest having one JUST INCASE! :D

Never even owned a heater lol if your room temp stays consistant youll be fine

Nope. I'm in Central PA and have had my AC running at 70 all summer, yet my tank has stayed around 74 without the heater.

I live in Jersey and I have a heater- all year round bc the temp in my apartment fluctuates.

I like it chilly in my house to sleep at night and my tank can dip to 68 and if I turn the AC off during the day, temps in my tank can climb in excess of 80.
So I leave the heater in to maintain consistency in my tank and a rotating fan during the day on days like today where it's going to be 80.

Back
Top Bottom