Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-27-2012, 12:21 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

SolarExtreme T5 Fixture

Just wanted to post a quick note on the light that I purchased today because I haven't seen too much written about them. It's a 48" 4 bulb, 4x54W with 8 LED moonlights. Replaced an Odyssea CF fixture. Definite noticeable difference in brightness.
Overall seems to be of good quality. I didn't expect it to be as hot as my CF's were in my canopy but they are still quite hot. I will need to add some fans. Very pleased with whites, blues and LED's. The instructions for programming seem pretty straight forward.
I wasn't ready for the LED plunge yet so I "settled" for this nice T5 instead. Love the built in display for programming and the GFI plug is nice as well.
Let's see how it holds up. If anyone needs any other info, email me and I will,get you whatever info I can.

Old 10-27-2012, 12:34 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thank you for the feedback! Nice to know these things before we buy

Sometimes learning from the mistakes of others is all the education and experience you need.
bigbanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

The actinics failed last week after only about 5 months. Good news is that I won't have to replace the bulbs ant time soon as I learned my lesson and am going to LED's. LOL
Light supported a LTA, elegance, duncan, trumpet, zoas, shrooms, plate, chalice, riccordea, favia, devils hand, acan. All was thriving. Timers were handy. Moonlights nice. They ran pretty hot though.

Tags
fixture

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com