Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-04-2012, 10:50 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

It wouldn't matter if 200 people viewed the post, if none of them had an opinion to express or offer something of consequence. The pictures aren't good enough for me to offer an opinion. I would like to see the view from the back to see how far in the chip extends.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingsfishy View Post
You already know the answer to the question. Don't be a grumpy gills. I'd suggest filling the tank outside to make sure it holds. Other than that it appears to be cosmetic. Put the chip in the back and leave it.
somethingsfishy,
Sorry...I always thought if you have a problem you should try to gather as much information on a solution to that problem as you can. Going to Aquarium forums/Blogs is a way to get as much info and advice on a problem with an aquarium. I like to hear from people who have more experience or knowledge than I might have. But it seems that the members of this forum are not geared into giving advice or helping others. So be it.
I thank those who at least offer a reply and I will go else where when I have another question or problem. Many, many other aquarium forums on the net.

Ghpr13

Old 06-04-2012, 11:09 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghpr13

somethingsfishy,
Sorry...I always thought if you have a problem you should try to gather as much information on a solution to that problem as you can. Going to Aquarium forums/Blogs is a way to get as much info and advice on a problem with an aquarium. I like to hear from people who have more experience or knowledge than I might have. But it seems that the members of this forum are not geared into giving advice or helping others. So be it.
I thank those who at least offer a reply and I will go else where when I have another question or problem. Many, many other aquarium forums on the net.

Ghpr13
We are plenty ready to give advice but we dont
know everything
Perhaps the people viewing didn't know how to go about helping without pics or better pics
Old 06-04-2012, 11:20 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Your absolutely right about gathering information. How many sites did you visit? How many forums said exactly what you initially posted? No one spoke because the question had been answered. In your haste, you neglected to allow others with the same situation to respond. I have a 40 tall with a chip on the outside just like yours and a 55 with a chip on the inside. For the 55 I resealed the entire tank adding to the chipped spot to ensure that it would not leak and then water tested it. For the 40 just like yours I did... Nothing. Just like I told you. The other sites probably did the same thing and left it as a cosmetic blemish. Again that's what I told you. If you want advice, allow others to give it. I hope this has fully answered your question and I look forward to any more questions you may have in the future.

P.S so many people looked probably because they have the same problem and may want a solution.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

Well said, somethingfishy.

Tags
75g, 75gal, advice, chi, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com